Our popular head “Elle”recently had a makeover. As you can see, doll face changes drastically by applying different makeup and wigs. What a difference!
One of our staff, Steven, is a talented makeup artist who took on this challenge. Here are a comment and useful tips from Steven.
I have always believed that makeup can be an artistic expression of yourself! Whether that means you yourself wear makeup or like me.. You are a Makeup Artist! And like me, I use makeup to unleash my inner artist.
The Face makes for a wonderful canvas and with new, innovative beauty products and tools being released constantly, being a part of 4woods and being able to use my artistry and passion to change the looks of the dolls, well, it’s a very exciting time.
I accepted the challenge of creating a more “grown” look for our beautiful model Elle, and if you check out the pictures, I think I did an excellent job. Very small changes can go a long way! From a change of a wig, a dress, some jewelry and adding some lashes, a little goes a long way!
Since it was St. Patrick ’s Day I took the liberty to add some cool warm greens and combined it with a festive glittery green to join in the festivities! Below is a description of the products I used:
- Eyebrows- Anastasia Beverly Hills “Brow Pro Pallet” in the Color Auburn.
- Contour/Highlight – Anastasia Beverly Hills “Contour Kit” Lightto medium. Used the colors Fawn and Banana
- Eyes – Kat Von D’s “Star Studded Eyeshadow Pallete” – Colors used- Crosses, Craft and Cult.
- Blush – Stila’s “Powder Blush Pallete” – missed “Gladiola with Hibiscus”
- Lips – used Deep Burgundy from “Makeup Designorys” Collection
- Lashes- Used an additional strip of “Flutterly” Lashes on top of the existing lashed for a thicker, more defined look.
- Illuminator- “BH COSMETICS” Super Starry Night in gold.
We added 2 different wigs with the same makeup and WOW, what a difference. Both wigs are available at 4woodsusa.com
I had such an awesome time creating this look for Elle and I hope you did as well!
When you select your doll face, keep in mind that makeup and wigs can completely change the look of the doll! For any tips, or to collaborate on photoshoots, please feel free to contact Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org!